With crime in Gotham continuously on the rise, Batman is worried that his Utility Belt may not be enough anymore. So he needs you to create a “Bat-App” for him that will help him in his endeavours. He needs to maintain a record of all the wrongdoers spreading havoc in his city. This app should have the following screens :
Home Screen This screen has 2 buttons - New record and View Records. Clicking on New record opens up a screen to create a new record and clicking on view existing records opens a list of records stored.
New Record When the user clicks on the new record button he will be taken to a new screen which will have a form asking the user for various inputs like criminal’s name , age , gender , crimes and last known/seen location. There will also be a button to save these records in a database..
View Records This screen will consist of a list of all the records stored locally. On clicking any item, the details of that particular criminal must be shown in the Details Screen
Details Here is where the details of criminals that are stored in the database must be shown.
Bonus Points For
- Elegant User Interface
- If images of each criminal are stored and displayed
- Clicking on the last known location shows it on a map. You can take the latitude & longitude of the location from the user at the time of filling a new entry. A better option can be to just open the map, let the user pinpoint the location and save the latitude & longitude of that location. ( Refer Maps SDK for Android, Google Maps Android API v2 - Tutorial )
Points to Remember
- Submit your entries latest by 20th January, 2015 to email@example.com. Your submission must include the zip file containing the source code and the apk file. Remember to write your name and contact information in the mail.
- In case you run into some problem or don’t know where to start, we have written a short blog that may help you.
- Join our facebook group for further queries and updates.